ABOUT THE EVENT
Still Life Painting | Kathleen Smits
Join artist Kathleen Smits for a Beginner Painting from Still Life class.
Explore the colors of light and shadow by painting from a still life. Learn the basics of drawing shapes with paint while learning to mix colors for light and shadow, what the basic brushes do and a variety of basic brush strokes.
- Canvas or canvas board – 9x12 or 11x14
- Paper plate, coated, for a palette
- Paper towels or rags
- Jar for water
- Extra tubes of white acrylic paint
- Acrylic paints and brushes (suggested options below):
- SoHo Artist Acrylic Value Brush Set of 5
- SoHo Artist Acrylics Basic Colors Set of 8, 75 ml tubes
- Princeton Real Value Series 9100 Synthetic White Taklon Long Handle Brush Set of 6
- Utrecht Set of 6 Basic acrylic paints
Thursdays, September 21 and 28, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Please Note: The class on September 14 has been rescheduled to September 28.
Thursdays, October 5, 12, 19, 26, 3-5 p.m.
Members $50; non-Members $65
Please Note: Classes are non-refundable. If you are unable to attend, you can receive a credit to apply to a future class.