Visitor Experience Internship
Reports to: Manager of Visitor & Volunteer Services
6 hr Minimum/Week; 4 Week Program or at the discretion of Advising Professor for academic credit
Visitor Experience interns will assist in the Visitor Experience Department, developing skills and knowledge that involve working on the public floors of the Museum. Interns will assist the public with information, help with the launching of school group visits, gain firsthand experience in event management, and work the frontline operations of a museum environment. Tasks will include but may not be limited to working with the following staff members:
MANAGER OF VISITOR & VOLUNTEER SERVICES:
- Welcome public visitors, tour groups, studio program and general admission visitors.
- Assist Front Desk staff: inviting visitors to sign up for our mailing list, provide visitor feedback, hand out promotional material, answer questions and provide information about exhibitions, guided tours, and schedules.
- Assist with Museum Programs and special events including First Friday, Museum After Dark, and Art Happy Hour.
- Promote NBMAA volunteer opportunities and assist with new volunteer orientation.
VISITOR SERVICES PROGRAM COORDINATOR:
- Conduct marketing and special event promotion research and identify potential event audiences.
- Update and maintain gallery maps.
- Promote exit surveys at Museum special events.
- Visit other museums in the region and create a list of other social and educational events at institutions in the area (e.g. historic sites, art museums, etc.)
- Take tours with Docents.
To apply, please submit the online application form below. If you have any questions, email the Manager of Visitor & Volunteer Services at [email protected].
***Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis.***