Employment Opportunities with NBMAA| Visitor Service Associate
POSITION: Visitor Service Associate
REPORTS TO: Manager of Visitor & Volunteer Service
FLSA Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Visitor Service Associates are the initial and primary point of contact for the Museum’s visitors and are responsible for creating a positive and welcoming environment while maintaining the Museum’s mission and standards. As a part of the Visitor Services team, associates provide excellent customer service and a seamless operation of the guest experience at the Museum.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accurately and professionally performing all Front Desk duties such as greeting and checking in visitors, answering questions about the NBMAA, and the community, answering the phone, opening/closing the POS system, and using the POS system to sell tickets, memberships and check in tours/class participants.
- Assist with group arrivals and departures.
- Working at Museum events – which could include set up/break down and other tasks associated with food and beverage service.
- A thorough understanding of the Museum’s layout and general understanding of the Museum’s collection and current exhibitions.
- Knowledge of current and future educational & social programs and classes.
- To recognize & appropriately greet trustees, members, donors, volunteers and regular visitors.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Expectations:
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- An interest in Art/Art History.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communications skills along with the ability to work with the public in a diverse, customer service-oriented environment which calls for a high degree of patience and the ability to maintain a calm exterior during periods of high volume, and demanding public events.
- Proven ability to work comfortably, and efficiently with computers, cash registers, phone system, and other electronic equipment.
- Accurate, and responsible handling of cash, change, credit cards, and other financial transactions at POS workstations.
- Positive and enthusiastic participation in all front of house operations.
- Part-time commitment of fifteen to twenty-two (15 – 22) hours per week.
- Schedule flexibility to include weekends, evenings, and occasional holidays as assigned by management.
- Regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Use of smartphone for timesheet entry, and team communication.
- Ability to move quickly, and to sit, stand or walk for duration of shift and to bend, reach, kneel and twist and move about in tight spaces, between objects, equipment and furniture.
- The ability to communicate clearly and precisely.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 20 pounds, and to continuously perform such manipulative tasks as keying information into computer systems.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, and current CV or resume, to [email protected]. The NBMAA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The NBMAA welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.